Cally Skinner

AS Media

Candidate number:

Tuesday 16 April 2013

Evaluation Question 5

How did it attract/address your audience?

My magazine attracted my audience as it addressed the generic forms of rock music and used the same conventions as other rock magazines to include the successes into my own.



For my own magazine I included some unique selling points to add interest in the reader to furthermore attract them into buying the magazine.





(Image of my Padlet)




 The models I used address my audience as they are of the same gender and similar ages. The quality of them ensures the audience is attracted to the magazine.


Free gifts are a common unique selling point as it attracts the audience to that magazine, by using the term ‘free posters’ it makes the audience feel they are getting a good deal by buying the magazine.

The artists and bands I used in the text is a unique selling point as they attract the readers attention and increase their interest. By using a selection of artists all within the rock genre I widen the range within my audience as there is a vast selection that can attract them.

By adopting a sleek style it allows the reader to be attracted to the magazine as it would stand out amongst others due to its live atmosphere captured in the images and bold, clear text that addresses the audience.

I used generic terms that would address my audience and attract them to the features of the magazine by using the term ‘Sex, Drugs and Rock ‘n’ Roll’ this is a familiar term used in the rock music industry therefore I am addressing the characteristics and stereotypes of my chosen genre to ensure it matches the correct audience.




The double page spread uses eye contact to involve the reader in the story and make them feel this is a personal, intimate section that they are lucky to be a part of. This attracts the audience as they gain an insight into a much loved person’s life. This is reflected in the interview form as it gives the reader a sense of the artists voice and allows them to feel closer to the story, this attracts the reader as it addresses the bond between the artists and their fans.

The main selling point throughout which addresses the genre of the audience and attracts them to the magazine is the clothing used in all of the shoots. The clothing is generic rock
fashion such as leather jackets and dark clothing, the clothes are very simple and honest which makes the stories appear as revelations rather than gossip. This attracts the reader as the people familiar with this genre are aware of the clothing worn therefore they are addressed by the familiarities of the rock trends and fashion.


No comments:

Post a Comment