Cally Skinner

AS Media

Candidate number:

Friday 5 April 2013

Double page spread drawings



This is the drawings to help me with the development of my final double page spread.

I was aware of my image I was using therefore one of the pages was very simple in terms of where my model would be positioned and what page he would be placed on. I knew I wanted to use a small piece of text in the empty space in the corner of the image as this was done on a lot of my research as it was a successful way to fill empty space.

The page of text uses the title I have already created however I tested how it would look if the writing was red as I was able to see it on the page with the mass of black therefore I used my drawings to test my ideas to save time in the production as I will be clearer on what to do.

The writing I decided would be in three columns as there wasn't much room however a double page spread needs lots of writing. I tested how it would look with lines separating the columns however with the lines framing my quote and title it appeared over crowded.

On my second drawing I tested how it would look without any column lines: I feel it looks more professional however I will test my hypothesis on InDesign when i come to make it.

The large letter at the beginning of the text is successful as it draws the readers attention to the article. I feel it only needs one large letter despite my research containing a few as my layout contains enough features.

The page numbers fit the page well at the bottom instead of at the top as I have seen on some double page spreads.

The quote is successful as it relates to the piece and adds interest while giving a break to the mass of text. The colour is questionable however I prefer my second drawing where I use red as it relates to the red in the title and stands out from the black text.

From my drawings i have decided against some ideas and created new ones which enables me to be more aware of my final design when creating it. This saves time and makes me sure of how my double page spread should look. This is a worthy piece of development to take forward for my production.

No comments:

Post a Comment