Cally Skinner

AS Media

Candidate number:

Saturday 5 January 2013

Research into my model

Dean Howard

Dean Howard is my uncle, he was previously in the band T’PAU signed to the record company ‘Siren’ part of the Richard Branson’s Virgin international record company.
He joined the pop/rock band T’PAU, fronted by the singer Carol Decker in the 1980’s.

Dean added a more heavy rock style of guitar work which was first featured on the re-recording of one of the tracks from Bridge of Spies, "
China in Your Hand". This subsequently stayed at number one in the UK single charts for five weeks and was the band's biggest hit. He remained lead guitarist on the group's next two albums, Rage and The Promise
.

Dean was then part of
Ian Gillan
's backing band on the Deep Purple frontman's U.S. solo tour in August and September 2006. Dean was working with Toby Jepson (ex Little Angels), and is now with classic rock band Air Race.Due to my music magazine being created around the rock genre I decided to use my uncle as the model for my front page as his fashion and visual aspect represents the rock music I researched. I could also capture moving images of him on stage as he performs in many concerts therefore the images would be similar to those in my research and professional enough to fit in with the tone of a music magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment