Cally Skinner

AS Media

Candidate number:

Sunday 20 January 2013

First draft and changing decisions

 This was my first draft of my music magazine however from my drawings i knew i had two options to fill the space with however the one i had thought i prefered doesnt work as well as the second option.

Therefore i decided to change it on my second draft.
 This is the area that isnt working; the writing isnt clear in representing the Rock genre as it is on my research. It uses too many words and not enough eye catching different fonts and sizes.
I decided to go back to my research to determine a better layout for my text, i used this as inspiration when creating my drawings therefore there is a clear relation to my research and my final design.

I will create a title like this instead because it is more powerful and more likely to be found on a rock magazine.

I will use these words in a similar format as Dean is part of the band Air Race therefore it is actually true.

The words are similar without copying to show the influence the research had on my design.

'AIR RACE
THE CLASSIC ROCKERS RETURN
Full interview and verdict on their comeback tour'



This is the final outcome, it is similar to my drawing and related to my research which is successful as the planning and research techniques benefit eachother. The mix of three colours is what i had planned in my research as most magazines use a three colour mix, therefore mine is similar to the magazines i researched.

The colours i chose reflect off the colours in the image as they are varied. This ensures the writing stands out.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment