Cally Skinner

AS Media

Candidate number:

Tuesday 1 January 2013

Mood board


This mood board was used to capture the atmosphere and generic images that represent the rock genre. The bright vibrant colours contrasting the dark sultry colours will be used on my font page as that is common on the rock magazines i researched. I have included images of guitars as i plan on using a guitar in my main image as this is common with music magazines, however the way the guitar is held is what will represent my rock genre therefore this mood board shows different positions of guitars. The included names of bands and their logos helps identify how i can create my own title as the design of rock artists names will help when creating a title to achieve the same tone. The mix of images includes some of rock stars to discover some poses and positioning that has been successful previously.



This mood board focuses on the position and pose of a model that fits with the rock genre. The common feature is the long hair and facial hair, this is perfect as my model has that look therefore my research will be similar to my final outcome as the models i have chosen to research relate to my own model. Most of the images include guitars as my own one will, therefore this mood board helps with my knowledge of positioning to create the best image. The lighting is important as the live images use the background lighting and the colours to present the atmosphere and create a tone that makes the audience feel as if the image was effortlessly captured. I will include vibrant lighting in my own image as it will be took at a concert therefore there will be false lighting that can be used as an advantage in my image not a corruption. The clothes shown in these images are quite effortless and scruffy as common for rock stars therefore i wont make my model appear smartly dressed as the clothing produces the atmosphere as much as the lighting; as it is another way to promote the rock genre and produce a tone.

1 comment:

  1. A very clear attitude is coming through with this mood board. Keep going.

    ReplyDelete