Cally Skinner

AS Media

Candidate number:

Monday 3 December 2012


This magazine has another artist in action which I feel is the way I want my magazine to go, the lighting is similar with a light behind his head and shoulders. This works well on both magazines and would be something I would look to achieve in my own images.

The title is eye catching yet the ‘ENEMY’ being the exact same takes focus away from it which is unsuccessful.

The sub title is corrupted by the circle of information as the image is corrupted by the large text over it, I feel this doesn’t work as the image should be the main focus and should be complimented by the writing not covered by it.

The colour theme is three once again; red white and yellow. It works well however the red shouldn’t have been used for the title as well as the large letters as it takes away the focus from the main aspects; title and image.

The text is successful around the image and the use of quotes from an interview inside is an attractive addition as it gives the magazine something extra for the reader to want to open the magazine and further purchase it.

This front page has 2 other images on it, they don’t take away as much focus as I would have thought and do compliment it partially well due to the way they have been placed and bordered, however for my own front page I prefer my other magazine research with only one image on the front page.

The bar code and text boxes don’t affect the image as it has done on others and the mix of colours on the same section of text is successful on all magazines which is something I would take forward on my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment