Cally Skinner

AS Media

Candidate number:

Saturday 1 December 2012

The front page image has the guitars in an unconventional way my analysis has been on two magazines with this method however I prefer the images that have been taken mid action with the guitars actually being played, therefore I will follow that on in my research to produce one similar to it. 

The colour scheme is similar to my previous magazine research there is three main colours; black, white and green. They work well with each other however the green is a bit too bright for the small text. It does assure me that I want 3 different colours on my front page image as visually it gives it more depth and increases the interest to read it.

The writing looks crammed in the corner and doesn’t make me want to read it, I will use methods from the NME magazine and use a variety of bold, italics and underlined fonts to separate the text because I feel it makes it easier to read.

The top of the magazine acts as a border to the image and text which works well as it fits in the colour scheme and gives the reader something visual to look at rather than just text surrounding the main image.

The left side works well as the writing doesn’t obstruct the image and almost frames it in a way however the right side looks unattractive as it has too much going on and the colour theme becomes altered as it adds other colours that doesn’t work as well in it.

The black background works well with the clothes and guitars and also the tone the image produces.

The bar code obstructs the image yet is in line with the text.

The title is large and eye catching as the colour isn’t replicated much on the magazine, it stands out and makes the image have more depth as it blocks some of the letters giving the illusion of the image almost being 3D.


The models are successful as it relates to the model i will be using, as the beard, hair, and age are similar to that of my own model, therefore this helps me identify how to shoot my model. However the other magazines researched help as they are moving images on stage as mine would be. Therefore both methods of research help determine my own magazine as i will be using moving stage images of an old rock star.





































No comments:

Post a Comment